Gavi kallu Gudda
|Hiking Destination||Gavi Kallu Betta|
|Location||Shanivarasanthe, Kodagu District, Karnataka|
|Distance from Bangalore to Campsite||219 KMS|
|Hike Time||2 - 3 Hours|
|Trekking Distance||3 KMS (one way)|
|Highlights||Caves, unique rock formation, lake, waterfalls and fantastic view of western Ghats|
DescriptionTrek to Gavibetta Gavibetta or ‘hill of caves’ can be found near Somvarpet in Kodagu (Coorg). Known far and wide in religious communities, the caves of this hill are an exciting surprise to trekkers.
Only 200 meters from the beautiful lake of Honnamanna, you get to the steps that will take you up Gavibetta. This is the trail. After trekking up wide stairs supported by a yellow railing, you are abruptly led into rock caves toward the right.
Enter- for an absolutely thrilling experience.These caves are at an incline that makes the crawling and scrambling through their damp and dark crevices that much more difficult.
Distance from The Karle to Gavi kallu Betta – 40 KMS
|Resort Name||THE KARLE Home STAY|
|Location||Karle, Sakleshpur, Hassan district, Karnataka, India|
|Distance from Bangalore||190 KMS|
|Travel Time||3 Hrs 30 Mins|
|Facilities||4 Bed room Estate Villa, Tented accommodation, Camping in the island formed with hemavathi backwaters.|
|Activities||Campfire, Music, Fishing, Kayaking, Coracle ride in the backwaters of Hemavathi River, Rope activities, Zip line, Swimming with life jackets, Bird watching, Photography, Outdoor Games – Archery, Target Shooting, Volley ball, shuttle cock, Kids play area.|
|Sight Seeing||Gorur Dam, Belur, Halebeedu, The ruins of the Holy Rosary Church in Shettyhalli, Yagachi Dam, Bisile view point, Gavibetta. Honnamanakere.|
Activities @ Karle
- Bird watching
- Campfire & music
- Bamboo Raft
- Swimming with life jackets
- Plantation walk
- Coracle ride - Coracles are local fishing crafts that are circular and ideal for navigating these waters. The coracle ride on the river not only helps you to gauge the myriad moods of the river, but also gives you a fish-eye view of the surrounding forest and the habitation, and allows you to be a small part of the ebb and flow of riverine life. The purpose of this activity is to allow the visitor to experience the river by bringing him in direct contact with it. The visitor will get to experience the many moods of the river as she drifts by.
- Tube rafting - In tubing all u hae to do is layback and relax on plastic float tube and drift along the river splashing and boobing with the flow of the river.
- Joy fishing
- Rope activities & zipline
- Outdoor games
- Kids play area
- Island Camping
- Tree climbing & canopy activities
Sight SeeingSakleshpur offers many sightseeing options to tourists. Manjarabad fort which is located close to Sakleshpura on National Highway 48 is a prime attraction of the hill station. Constructed by Tippu Sultan the fort was used as a strategic defensive location. It is said that Tippu Sultan also constructed a tunnel from Manjarabad fort to another fort in Srirangapattana.
Kukke Subrahmanya Temple, a famous temple dedicated to Lord Subramanyeshwara is another most visited attraction. There are also shrines dedicated to Saraswati Devi and Lord Ganesha near the temple.
Bisle Ghat provides a majestic view of the surrounding mountain ranges. Located next to the Bisle Ghat, Bisle Reserve Forest is another attraction. The region surrounding Sakleshpur is also home to some famous trekking trails, most notably the Green Route.
- Manzarabad Fort – 55 KMS & 1 Hr 15 minutes drive from The Karle
- Water Sports at Yagachi Backwaters : 75 KMS & 100 minutes drive from The Karle
- Bisile View Point and nature Reserve - 60 minutes drive from The Karle
- Shettyhalli :. The ruins of the Holy Rosary Church in Shettihalli are partially submerged in water. This church was built by the French in 1860.
The backwater also provides spectacular sunset view and is also good for angling.
- Gorur Dam - 10 minutes drive from the karle
- Belur / Halebid – 60 KMS 75 minutes drive from The Karle
- Kukke Subramanya – 85 KMS & 120 minute drive from The Karle
- Dharmasthala – 132 KMS & 150 minutes drive from The Karle
|12 PM||Check-in at The Karle home stay|
|2.30 - 6.30 PM||Rope activities, Swimming in the river with life jackets, Outdoor games, coracle ride.|
|7.30 PM||Bonfire, Music & Dance|
|8.30 PM||Dinner & retire for the day.|
|6.30 AM - 7.30 AM||Bird watching & Photography|
|9.00AM - 2.30 PM||244|
|Agani Village||Trek to Gavi Kallu Gudda|
|2.30 PM||Lunch & Checkout|
Getting ThereAddress : The Karle Homestay, Karle village Sakleshpur Taluk, Hassan District, Karnataka, India. 520021
Bangalore -> Nelamangala -> Kunigal -> Channarayapatna -> Agrahara Gate -> ( Take right) -> Mysore – Hassan -> Hangaralli -> Karle Village -> The karle Homestay
Bangalore -> Nelamangala -> Kunigal -> Channarayapatna -> Holenarsipur ( Take right) -> Mysore – Hassan Road -> Hangaralli -> Karle Village -> The karle Homestay
Bangalore -> Nelamangala -> Kunigal -> Channarayapatna -> Hassan -> Hangaralli -> Karle Village -> The karle Homestay
Bangalore -> Nelamangala -> Kunigal -> Channarayapatna -> Hassan -> Gorur-> Karle Village -> The karle Homestay
|The Karle Home stay||190|